jueves, 29 de noviembre de 2007

Alexander Keith’s India Pale Ale

Brewery: Alexender Keith (Labatt)
Canada (Halifax, Nova Scotia)

For my first post I would like to write about one of my favourite beers, Alexander Keith’s India Pale Ale. The Alexander Keith brewery which is located in Halifax Nova Scotia (now owned by Labatt) also brews Keith’s Amber, Red and Light… but for the purposes of this post we will just refer to the traditional pale ale as Keith’s (we will probably cover the other latter).

When I went to school at UNB in the Canadian province on New Brunswick, Keiths was my beer of choice, and even to this day when ever I am in Canada and find myself in a liquor store I shoot straight for the Keiths. Keiths is not a heavy beer, but is by no means light. The alcohol percentage is of 5% thus making it a little weaker than many other famous Canadian brews and India pale ales in general (there is some debate regarding if it actually is and should be called a IPA)… but please don’t let this discourage you.

If you would like to learn a bit more about this great Canadian beer, and the guy who started it all you may want to check out these links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Keith
http://www.keiths.ca/

The bottom line: If you find yourself in Canada and want a smooth beer with very little after taste, Keiths is your best bet.

Keith has also made a few fairly decent TV spots over the years, most of them can be found on youtube.


No hay comentarios: